Simply striking and strikingly simple. Recipes, crafts, home decor and general life hacks that are easy yet impressive.
Yesterday’s post was my creation of a cookie in the shape of a peach. Today we’ll cook with the real thing in this edition of Rolling Recipes! It is amazing that 6 degrees of separation from the first recipe of this series takes us from homemade paneer cheese to honey! We used honey in the last recipe of the series making an apple upside down cornmeal cake and today we continue with the use of honey by using it as an accompaniment to roasted peaches.
The main components of this easy, delicious and gorgeous dessert all compliment each other extremely well. Goat cheese, walnuts, and honey is a well known combination that supports each others mild flavours to shine. You often see walnuts and fruit on cheese trays, and I suppose in this way this dessert is the hot version of a cheese tray!
The great part of this recipe is that you can use all types of peaches in varying stages of ripeness. Over ripe and under ripe peaches work in this dish. So if you are looking to eat up over ripe peaches or cannot wait to enjoy them, this dish is perfect. It is the perfect dessert for a heavy meal, perhaps following a roast of beef or lamb where you and your guests want to enjoy something decadent and sweet but want a lighter alternative to classic doughs and cakes.
You will need:
A roasting dish
2 tbsp butter
6 peaches, halved and pitted
4.5 oz of chèvre (goat cheese) crumbled (as a cheese lover I like mine in big chunks!)
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/3 cup honey
Preheat oven to 475 degrees fahrenheit
1) Place the halved peaches into a baking dish. Using a paring knife, run the knife around the peach and twist each half in opposite directions to pit 1 side. If the pit is hard to remove from the second half, run a paring knife around the pit.
2) Dot with pieces of butter
3) Roast for approximately 15-20 minutes until pieces begin to soften and brown
4) Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
5) Top with crumbled goat cheese, walnuts and drizzle with honey