Simply striking and strikingly simple. Recipes, crafts, home decor and general life hacks that are easy yet impressive.
I am sure if you did a web search almost every hit will tell you their recipe is the best ever chocolate cake. And there are many great recipes out there. All I can say is that this is the absolute best ever chocolate cake that I have tasted or baked. I am not a professional baker by any means but I have been baking regularly as a hobby and designing extreme cakes for family, friends, and functions. In the past 4 years I have easily baked 300 cakes, 80% of those being chocolate cake. I must have tried over 2 dozen chocolate cake recipes and I can confidently say this is the best one yet. If you need more convincing, I am not a fan of chocolate cake and I have found myself craving this cake and excited to eat it whenever I make one. This cake is rich, moist, and fluffy.
And if you don’t think it’s the best ever chocolate cake, that’s fine but I am sure you still enjoyed trying it anyways 😉
You will need:
2 9-inch round cake pans, well greased
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1tbsp hot water
1 cup milk (I like using 5%)
1 cup boiling water
1/3 vegetable oil
2 eggs beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
1) Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a mixing bowl
2) Add the eggs and mix well
3) Add the vanilla, instant coffee, vegetable oil, and milk. Mix until ingredients are well incoporated.
4) Add the boiling water and mix well
5) Pour batter into pans and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.