Simply striking and strikingly simple. Recipes, crafts, home decor and general life hacks that are easy yet impressive.
Our last rolling recipe for series 2 featured homemade paneer cheese in a recipe for Mattar Paneer. The recipe called for garam masala, which I wound up purchasing a 1/2 lb bag of. Today’s recipe for RR series 2.3 is a spiced pumpkin cake with the inclusion of garam masala. The earthy, woody, and fragrant spice compliments the pumpkin cake so very well but gives it a depth that’s different than other spiced cakes. I hope you enjoy, I think this is a perfect cake to serve during the cool fall weather.
You will need
1/2 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumkin pie filling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
1) In a mixer, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
2) Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
4) Add the sifted flour mixture into the mixer and lightly mix until just combined
5) Add pumkin puree and mix lightly until blended
6) Pour batter into a lightly greased bundt pan
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.